- There are 1.2 billion people in India, give or take a few dozen
- Most of those people are Hindus & therefore polytheists
- The majority of Hindus are decent law-abiding citizens – husbands who love their wives, mothers who love their children
- But no matter how good they are, God has doomed them to be tortured in hell for eternity
- God created the cultural isolation of the Hindus, engineered their loyalty to India’s official religion, endowed them with the pious motivation to teach their (unfortunately, non-Christian) values to their kids – and then he designed the penalty for this ‘wrongful’ behavior?
- And yet, the run-of-the-mill serial killer who rapes & tortures children need only come to Jesus on death row, enjoy a final meal of fried chicken – and then he spends eternity in heaven?
What does this vision of life have to do with moral accountability?
🙂 🙂 🙂
[“Stray Thoughts” is a weekly opportunity to go skinny dippin’ in muddled puddles of questionable beliefs & crazy ideas. Join me if you dare.]
“A very popular error – having the courage of one’s convictions: Rather it is a matter of having the courage for an attack upon one’s convictions.”
– Nietzsche –