Is this the ‘best of all possible worlds’? When you look around, do you see the handiwork of an “intelligent designer”?
A pair of unjaundiced eyes might notice the following:
- Most planets are unstable
- Most places would kill life instantly
- We are on a collision course with the Andromeda Galaxy
- Our one-way expanding universe will eventually wind down to oblivion
- Earthquakes & volcanoes level cities
- Tsunamis kill hundreds of thousands
- Floods, tornadoes, hurricanes, and lightning strikes kill many more
- Humans can’t live on two-thirds of the earth’s surface
- 99% of all species that ever lived are now extinct
- It took 3-5 billion years just to make multi-cellular life
- Hundreds of diseases can kill us
- The human eye is practically blind compared to the entire spectrum of light waves
- As warm-blooded creatures we must constantly scrounge for food
- Human anatomy . . .
Well . . . has it occurred to anyone that we have an entertainment complex smack dab in the middle of a sewage system?
🙂 🙂 🙂
[“Stray Thoughts” is a weekly opportunity to go skinny dippin’ in muddled puddles of questionable beliefs & crazy ideas. Join me if you dare.]
“A very popular error – having the courage of one’s convictions: Rather it is a matter of having the courage for an attack upon one’s convictions.”
– Nietzsche –